Safe, convenient transportation for students, faculty, and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
Students, faculty, and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities are eligible to ride the DisAbility Shuttle to academic requirements only.
To schedule your ride, visit DisAbility Shuttle Request Form.
For additional questions, visit the website or contact:
Disability Resources and Services
140 William Pitt Union
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
DisAbility Shuttle Guidelines
To make your experience and the experience of your fellow riders as pleasant and convenient as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- The University of Pittsburgh's Department of Parking, Transportation and Services has designated parameters in which the DisAbility Shuttle can operate. Please do not ask the shuttle driver or the DRS office to schedule rides outside the designated area.
- Try to schedule shuttle rides at least three days in advance. The scheduling system works on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Standing shuttle ride pickup times are possible to arrange.
- Be on time for your scheduled shuttle ride.
- The shuttle will wait a maximum of five minutes before you are marked a "no show."
- Three "no-shows" in a single academic semester will result in the suspension of DRS shuttle riding privileges.
- If you must cancel a ride, please be courteous to others and cancel the ride with the DRS office as soon as possible.
Will my shuttle arrive on time?
While it is our goal to provide on-time service, service may vary somewhat from published times due to severe weather, construction, traffic detours, traffic congestion, and other unforeseen conditions. We regret any inconvenience to our riders when emergencies prevent advance notice of schedule changes.
Visit Parking, Transportation and Services for more information.