- Shuttle Services
- Public Transportation
- Car & Vanpools
- Fleet Services
- Vehicle Rentals
- Partnership with Enterprise
- EFleet Management Program
- Rules for University-Owned and Leased Vehicles
- Become an Authorized Driver
- Insuring University-Owned and Leased Vehicles
- Reporting Vehicle Accidents
- Reporting Automobile Accidents Using a Rented Vehicle
- Reporting a Lost or Stolen University License Plate
- Mobile Device Guidelines
- Vehicle Safety Tips
- Electric Vehicles
- COVID-19 Updates
At Pitt, we strive for convenient multi-modal access to and through our campus. We prioritize active modes of transportation such as biking and walking to promote the health and safety of our community and the environment. Simultaneously, we invest in low-carbon transportation infrastructure by offering fare-free public transportation access, free unlimited 30-minute POGOH bike share rides, carpooling and vanpooling options, and more to students and employees.
Specific transportation and mobility goals are outlined in the Pitt Sustainability Plan and the Pitt Climate Action Plan. Read below to learn more and see how Pitt students, faculty, and staff are helping the Office of Mobility reach sustainability goals at the Pittsburgh campus!
- Pitt Sustainability Plan
Established in 2018, the Pitt Sustainability Plan identifies over 60 sustainability goals and key performance indicators for tracking Pitt’s progress over time.
Transportation & Mobility Goals
Strive for convenient multi-modal access to and through our campus, prioritizing low-carbon modes and a walkable campus to promote the health and safety of our community and the environment.
- Employ Pittsburgh 2030 District goal of a 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions for direct transportation by 2030 (below the 2017 baseline).
- Reduce Pitt Shuttle fuel usage by 3% annually between FY18 and FY30.
- Embrace Pittsburgh 2030 District goal of a 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from commuter travel by 2030 (below the 2013 Oakland neighborhood baseline).
- Increase active Pitt registered carpools by 2% annually between FY18 and FY30.
- Add 1 new vanpool annually between FY18 and FY30.
- Achieve Silver Bicycle Friendly University status from the League of American Bicyclists by FY20 and Gold in FY25.
- Pitt Climate Action Plan
In 2022, the first Pitt Climate Action Plan for the University of Pittsburgh’s Pittsburgh campus was released detailing Pitt’s strategy and pathway to reaching carbon neutrality by 2037.
Low Carbon Connection Strategies/Actions
- Expand the on-campus electric vehicle charging network
- Support Pitt students and employees in choosing active, shared, and low-carbon commuting options more often and regularly.
- Electric Vehicle Charging
For more information on EV charging, visit the EV Charging page.
- Pitt Vanpools
Since January 2023, Vanpools have resulted in the following savings:
Number of Vanpools 2 Miles Saved 28,040 Fuel Cost Savings $4,089.41 Fuel Saved (Gallons) 1,130.73 CO2 Savings (Pounds) 21,887.55 Parking Spots Saved 590
For more information on Vanpools, visit the Car and Vanpool page.
- POGOH at Pitt Benefit
Total trips by Pitt students, faculty, and staff using the Healthy Ride & POGOH bike shares. Pitt's fiscal year runs from July 1st to June 30th.
For more information on this benefit, visit the POGOH at Pitt page.
- 2022 Pitt Commuter Survey
In Fall 2022, the Office of Mobility asked Pitt students, faculty, staff, and vendors to share feedback about their commute to help inform and guide future transportation and mobility strategies, programs, and infrastructure investment planning.
Learn more about the Pitt Commuter Survey.