Authorized or Acceptable Driver
All applicants must meet the following criteria to become an authorized or acceptable driver:
- 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid driver's license and University ID.
- Not at fault for more than one accident within the past three years.
- Possess no more than two traffic violations within the past three years.
Applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria are deemed unacceptable drivers and will not be permitted to drive a University-leased vehicle under any circumstances.
- Not in possession of a valid driver's license or have had a license revoked or suspended.
- Found at fault for one or more accidents within the past three years.
- Possesses three or more traffic violations within the past three years.
- Convicted of driving while intoxicated, driving under the influence of drugs, intoxication manslaughter, intoxication assault, or any other serious violation of any state criminal or traffic laws while operating a motor vehicle. The driver's department supervisor and the Office of Risk Management shall judge the seriousness of the violation.
If an employee meets one or more of the above criteria, they will be deemed an unacceptable driver. Fleet Services are required to notify the employee's supervisor, administrator, and Employee Labor Relations of an employee's unacceptable driving status as it may impact the employee's ability to perform essential functions of their job.