- Shuttle Services
- Public Transportation
- Car & Vanpools
- Fleet Services
- Vehicle Rentals
- Partnership with Enterprise
- EFleet Management Program
- Rules for University-Owned and Leased Vehicles
- Become an Authorized Driver
- Insuring University-Owned and Leased Vehicles
- Reporting Vehicle Accidents
- Reporting Automobile Accidents Using a Rented Vehicle
- Reporting a Lost or Stolen University License Plate
- Mobile Device Guidelines
- Vehicle Safety Tips
- Electric Vehicles
- COVID-19 Updates
Become an Authorized Driver
Employees should work with their supervisor to become an authorized driver by taking the following steps:
1. Review employee and supervisor responsibilities during the application process, as well as our criteria for becoming an authorized driver. If the employee meets all criteria listed, proceed to Step 2.
2. Complete both the Department of Motorized Vehicles Request for Driver Information Form and the Driver's License Employment Background Investigation forms below.
3. Email the employee's completed forms, along with a copy of the front and back of their driver's license and University ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
4. Wait to be contacted by our Fleet Services Office regarding the employee's status as an authorized driver.
Responsibilities for Employees & Supervisors
Employees and supervisors are required to familiarize themselves with their responsibilities during the application process.
Criteria for Becoming an Authorized Driver
View our criteria for becoming an authorized driver of a University-leased vehicle.
DMV Request for Driver Information Form
All authorized drivers are required to complete the Pennsylvania Department of Motorized Vehicles Request for Driver Information Form annually, as well as when their driver's license is renewed, to maintain their status as an authorized driver.
DL EBI Form
All authorized drivers are required to complete the Driver's License Employment Background Investigation Form on an annual basis to maintain their status as an authorized driver.