Student Permit Sale Dates
- Fall/Spring resident permit applications are available here. The application can be completed on-line but it must be printed out. The completed application along with a copy of your vehicle registration can be mailed, faxed (412-648-2200) or e-mailed to email@example.com .
If you are unable to purchase a Student Commuter Permit for the Fall Term on Tuesday, August 16th, we do have some options available for you.
- Waitlist: Please contact the Parking Office at 412-624-4034 and select option 5 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. They will take your name and phone number, and if a permit becomes available at any time during the Fall Term, a representative from the Parking Office will contact you.
- Port Authority: You can use your current University of Pittsburgh Identification Card and ride a Port Authority bus.
- Non-University Parking Options: You can look on parking websites such as: Parkopedia, and Best Parking to locate an available parking space in and around the surrounding Oakland area.
Tips to Keep You and Your Valuables Safe
Pedestrians can make themselves easy targets in parking lots. Usually, they don’t even realize it. The following tips can help make you safer in parking lots:
Walking in the Parking Lot
- Stay alert and walk briskly with your head up and your shoulders back. Criminals look for easy marks, such as people who are slouched over, preoccupied or fumbling with packages.
- Avoid texting or talking on the phone and walking so that you can see where you’re going and who is coming toward you.
- Know your surroundings. Look around the parking lot and your vehicle for suspicious people. If you notice odd behavior, inform security or the police immediately.
- Walk with others when possible.
- Walk in a well-lit area.
- Remove your headphones or earbuds while walking through a parking lot. Be aware of noises and movements.
- Have your keys in your hand and ready to open your vehicle.
When You Get to Your Vehicle
- Look into your vehicle’s windows and under the body before entering to ensure no one is waiting for you.
- If someone approaches your vehicle, do not open your door or roll down your window.
- When you get in your vehicle, lock the doors and start the engine immediately.
If There is Suspicious Activity in the Parking Lot
- Retreat to a well-populated area and call the police or security.
- Wait in a safe place until the police or security arrive to survey the area and let you know it is safe to go to your vehicle.
- If you are nervous about walking to the parking lot alone, ask security to escort you.
- If you notice someone in or around your vehicle, leave the area quickly and call the police or security. Describe as many details about the individual as you can to the authorities
For all your arrival needs, please go to the arrival website, www.arrival.pitt.edu.
Paying Your Fine Online
Parking Services Office has added an online ticket payment option. More
Bike Friendly Employer:
As a Bike Friendly Employer, University of Pittsburgh is making Pittsburgh a safer, more attractive, more sustainable city - and we think that's something to show off!
View details and all news