Follow us on social media:
- COMMUTER PERMITS FOR FALL SEMESTER 2019....will be available online only at www.pittparking.com on Tuesday, August 6th at 10:00 am. Limited parking will be available only for TV, Towerview Garage for $368 per semester, UDA, University Drive Upper Campus for $340 per semester, and OC lot $340 per semester.
- If you are a full-time resident student, you can find easy-access resident parking in the BF, CG, CP, FC, L, LT, OC, PH, Q and U facilities. Apply today through July 31, 2019 for a resident parking permit.
- For off-campus students residents, limited parking is available for the following locations: College Gardens, Darragh St, Atwood, Oakwood and Hyacinth Place Apartments. Download your application.
- Non-University Parking Options: You can look on parking websites such as: Parkopedia, and Best Parking to locate an available parking space in and around the surrounding Oakland area.
- Port Authority: You can use your current University of Pittsburgh Identification Card and ride a Port Authority bus.
Tips to Keep You and Your Valuables Safe
Pedestrians can make themselves easy targets in parking lots. Usually, they don’t even realize it. The following tips can help make you safer in parking lots:
Walking in the Parking Lot
- Stay alert and walk briskly with your head up and your shoulders back. Criminals look for easy marks, such as people who are slouched over, preoccupied or fumbling with packages.
- Avoid texting or talking on the phone and walking so that you can see where you’re going and who is coming toward you.
- Know your surroundings. Look around the parking lot and your vehicle for suspicious people. If you notice odd behavior, inform security or the police immediately.
- Walk with others when possible.
- Walk in a well-lit area.
- Remove your headphones or earbuds while walking through a parking lot. Be aware of noises and movements.
- Have your keys in your hand and ready to open your vehicle.
When You Get to Your Vehicle
- Look into your vehicle’s windows and under the body before entering to ensure no one is waiting for you.
- If someone approaches your vehicle, do not open your door or roll down your window.
- When you get in your vehicle, lock the doors and start the engine immediately.
If There is Suspicious Activity in the Parking Lot
- Retreat to a well-populated area and call the police or security.
- Wait in a safe place until the police or security arrive to survey the area and let you know it is safe to go to your vehicle.
- If you are nervous about walking to the parking lot alone, ask security to escort you.
- If you notice someone in or around your vehicle, leave the area quickly and call the police or security. Describe as many details about the individual as you can to the authorities
For all your arrival needs, please go to the arrival website, www.arrival.pitt.edu.
Paying Your Fine Online
Parking Services Office has added an online ticket payment option. More
Bike Friendly Employer:
As a Bike Friendly Employer, University of Pittsburgh is making Pittsburgh a safer, more attractive, more sustainable city - and we think that's something to show off!
View details and all news