Free Bike Registration
From the original purchase to routine maintenance, your bicycle represents a significant investment. Think about it: You pay for a sturdy U-lock. You look for the best possible parking spot. That’s why it makes sense to take one extra step and register your bicycle.
How to Register
Registering your bicycle online through the Parking Services Office is free and easy to do!
- By Mail
You may also download the complete registration form (PDF), and drop it off or mail it to: Parking Services
204 Brackenridge Hall
3965 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Why Register Your Bike?
- It deters theft.
- It can help in the identification of lost or stolen bicycles.
- It helps support additional amenities on campus.
- It provides a way for us to communicate with you about special events and activities.
What you will receive
In a few days, you'll receive your free Pitt Bicycle Registration sticker, which you should affix to your bicycle's frame on the bar that supports the seat. We'll also include a free map of all Campus Bicycle Parking Areas (PDF).
- Bicycle registration stickers are not transferable from one bicycle to another.
- It's unlawful to park a bicycle in a manner that endangers pedestrians or private property.
- A bicycle rack or locker is the most convenient place for you to park your bike on campus. Racks are available at nearly every University building.